Wednesday, September 29, 2010

The "songs stuck in my head" list

Being the weirdo that I am, I'm sure the songs that get stuck in my head are the strangest songs to ever get stuck in anyone's head ever. Usually it's something weird that is suddenly excavated from my memory, and has absolutely nothing to do with anything I've done, though about, or listened to recently. If I can figure out why it's playing, it won't go on this list.

So think of this as a peek into my pop-culture-addled mind.

  • "The Two of Us Together" by the Sugar Bears (Oct. 24 '09)

  • "Twinkle Twinkle Patrick Starr" from Spongebob Squarepants (Nov. 9 '09)

  • "Superlove" by the Cattanooga Cats (Nov. 14 '09)

  • "The Perfect Nanny" from Mary Poppins (Nov. 22 '09)

  • "The Dreidel Song" (Jan. 30, '10)

  • "Daddy" -some weird hybrid of Red Hot Riding Hood and Bobby Troup Trio (Mar. 9, '10)

  • "Frosty the Snowman" by ???, "Cool Dry Place" by The Traveling Wilburys (Mar. 18, '10)

  • "I've Got My Love to Keep Me Warm" by Frank Sinatra (Mar. 22, '10)

  • "Silver and Gold" by Burl Ives (Mar. 25, '10)

  • "All Together Now" by the Beatles (Apr. 10, 2010)

  • "You Can't Catch Me" by John Lennon (May 5, 2010)

  • Great Giana Sisters overworld theme (May 14, 2010)

  • "Purple People Eater" by Sheb Wooley, "Whistling Ping-Pong Game" by Andy Griffith (May 23, 2010)

  • "Hotel California" by the Eagles, "Real Love" and "Words of Love" by the Beatles (Jul. 2, 2010)

  • Soundtrack to Disney's Lullaby Land (Jul. 19, 2010)

  • "What More Can I Do?" by the Beagles (Jul. 31, 2010)

  • "Russian Dance" from the Nutcracker Suite (Sep. 8, 2010)

  • "Hibiscus Hula" from Mickey Mouse Clubhouse (Sep. 20, 2010, and sometime last week too, I think)

  • "Sugar and Spices" by Marshmallow Way (Sep. 26, 2010)

  • "I'm a Man" by the Spencer Davis Group (I think- I listened to it on YouTube and it doesn't sound right) (Oct. 1, 2010)

  • "I Just Don't Understand" by the Beatles and something else(?) (Oct. 7, 2010)

  • "Saturday's Child" by the Monkees (Oct. 18, 2010 and several times before that)

  • "Mashed Potato Time" by Dee Dee Sharp (Oct. 19, 2010)

  • "Sweeter Than Sugar" by Ohio Express, "The Good's Gone" by the Who (Oct. 24, 2010)

  • "Rainbow" by The Symbols (Oct. 29, 2010)

  • "We Wanna See Santa Do the Mambo" by Big John Greer (Nov. 10, 2010)

  • "Don't Ever Change" by The Beatles (Nov. 13, 2010)

  • "Turn Around, Look at Me" by The Vogues (Nov. 16, 2010)

No comments:

Post a Comment