Saturday, July 2, 2011

Nevermind. The Looney Tunes Show is CRAP.

I just saw two new episodes. I couldn't finish the second. It's like they're not even trying.

If the show had a completely different cast of characters- original characters- then it would be a good show. But as it is, it seems as though after the first episode, they brought in scripts from a rejected series and shoehorned the Looney Tunes characters into it.

I'm not even convinced that the writers had even seen any of the original cartoons.

And after seeing Invasion of the Bunny Snatchers right before it, it made me think: Had they learned NOTHING from that short? The Dell and Gold Key comics are actually more accurate. I'd rather watch the Looney Tunes cartoons made by the aging, uninspired McKimson and Freleng in the late 1960s than the new show. I'd rather read the poorly drawn Gold Key comics from the late 1970s. It's that bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment