Friday, April 22, 2011

I can't believe it's not Bieber... oh wait, it is.

So I just caught Justin Bieber guest-starring on SNL last week. And whaddya now, I actually find him very, VERY inoffensive.
Yes, I said inoffensive. I figured as much- I didn't think all the hatred was justified. I mean, it's just... catchy pop and nothing more. It's not syrupy, cheesy, unenthusiastic, or anything. Heck, the song he sang was a doo-wop song, which I found extremely refreshing- I didn't think anybody did them anymore!
I mean, sure, his pitch wasn't perfect, but at least he wasn't lip-synching. Not that I support bad singing for the sake of "authenticity".

I pretty much feel the same way about Miley Cyrus, The Jonas Brothers, and Lady Gaga. And I also like black metal. So nyeh.

(Not so sure about Rebecca Black, though.)

UPDATE: I still find his music inoffensive, but the whole Anne Frank fiasco changed my mind completely about his character. He's just a jerk.

No comments:

Post a Comment