Monday, December 6, 2010

"We're a Couple of Misfits" versus "Fame and Fortune"

I don't remember ever seeing the "Fame and Fortune" segment in Rudolph, despite it apparently, supposedly, having been in there since 1965 and surviving until 1997. True, I was only eight years old at the time, but I tend to have vivid memories of things I watched on TV. Also, my mom doesn't remember ever seeing it either. And she saw the original airing in 1964.

What I'd really like to see restored back into the special, though- or at least included as a bonus feature- is the so-called "Peppermint Mine" scene with Yukon Cornelius. This is because it plays a fairly significant role in the continuity of Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer and the Island of Misfit Toys.

EDIT: Whoops! Apparently that scene was in a recent restoration, and it's included on the Blu-ray.

No comments:

Post a Comment